Thursday, September 07, 2006

THE SMALL PRINT

I usually don't read it. I prefer to skip instructions pamphlets too. After all, the way something works should be obvious if it's well designed. Plus, I am a male.

Well, if you caught the lightheadness blogged below, I am happy to report that all is now well, and the mystery, luckily, wasn't a case for CSI. It turns out that the medication I take shouldn't be stopped cold turkey. (We were caught briefly between medical plans without paperwork.) Not taking the meds is what nailed me. Two days after restarting, I am fine.

After two days of rain the sun shone yesterday and it was cooler. I felt much better. I found some great music to listen to (on Shoutcast.com, dot977 is 80s pop music very nicely programmed!) and Terri and I dined lakeside. Ahhhhh. That's more like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did catch a glimpse of Katie the Newsanchor on CBS. I have to agree with the reviewer who said she was most awkward while standing, less so while sitting. Does it seem to you that they are shooting DOWN at her? Or is it her eyes and the way she holds her head? Something diminished her.

Here's the deal: you have to own your space, and she doesn't yet. Another thought -I've seen this firsthand from working in a building with a TV station and knowing some TV people: the really great ones get "bigger" on TV - their presence commands attention. Katie doesn't. Not yet. Not in this role. But maybe in a month.

I got a kick out of the new music (spendy, eh?) and the nice new set (I like it) and the voice of Walter Cronkite introing her. All very nicely done.

Imagine the network nitwit nitpicking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why doesn't this blog spellchecker know the word BLOG?

No comments: