Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HYPOGONADISM

Tomorrow I have a voiceover session for the above. When you do commercials, it's difficult to turn down business, because the agency or producer which does X might do Y, and if they like you in X, you might get a bonanza in Y. And biz is tough enough to get at all, so turning down spots would hurt your relationship with your agent (you don't want to be known as 'difficult.')

Looking at the copy for the commercials - one radio and one TV - I note there's a person describing his problem. Sure hope I am the announcer and not the guy. It'd just be embarassing to be recognized as the guy with a, um, limp. (You DO know that the sufferer in commercials is ACTING, right?)

... and just as I posted this the first time, I got a call from my agent to book me for another spot later tomorrow. The neat thing about this line of work is you never know who will hear your work and like it (and hire you for a BIG project which can pay VERY nicely.) When I lived in San Diego, voicework was my full-time job. I had three agents; in San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles, and could actually live nicely on my voicework income.

Getting established in a new market is hard. That's part of why the above is good.

No comments: