Thursday, January 31, 2008

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES DISAPPEAR

I want to call it "into thin air."

Porbably shouldn't do that.

Here's the scoop. I sit working at the computer - have to get the coffee bitterness out of my mouth and happen upon the kitchen island where there have been several boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. I grab a few of the most basic ones - and sit down at the computer to solve a programming problem I've been having. I look over and ... THEY ARE GONE. I have no memory of eating them!

I repeat as above.

With the same results. Several more times. Watching carefully, they just seem to defy space/time and disappear.

If you were going to take over the world, wouldn't YOU put mind altering substances into these innocent-looking cookies which, by the way, are shrinking.

I'm pretty sure the boxes hold fewer than ever before. (Note: this could be the 'things looked bigger when you were littler' syndrome, but I don't think so.) I think modern packaging has shrunk the portions.

I used to work with a wise man (Adam Abrams - credit where crdit is due) who posited that you could only sit down and eat a complete TUBE or WRAPPER of GSCs at one time, Minimum. For any satisfaction.

And I add to that OR MEMORY OF HAVING EATEN THEM.

No comments: