Monday, August 10, 2009

VERY DIFFICULT TO BUY A CAR!

I am stunned. I know the exact car I want, have had conversations by phone or email with various dealers, requesting info as soon as the 2010s are known (availability info, dates, pricing, etc.) They all failed this. Every one.

I finally did enough detective work to find out the cars are arriving at the port of Houston. Now, the one dealership that seems to have information (after I 'reminded' them about my pending sale) tells me the very car I want will not be available anywhere in the midwest (served by the port of Houston.) I want a silver one with grey interior. Nope. They'll build one for me.

So I sit with amazement on my face. This is the sort of salespersonship you get above $50k, apparently:

After shaking this dealership-cage with a WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD FROM YOU when I know the cars are coming? Here's what I got:

"I have never received any information about you until 5 minutes before I contacted you. I just received the prices from Audi today, so here are the prices.
For a 2010, Prestige 3.0T quattro, with 19"wheels. The MSRP is $57.525. If you would like to give me an offer on this car I would be glad to present to my manager.
Also as I mention, I also have a 2009 Audi A6 3.0T quattro, prestige,side assist, Adventure Blue Pearl ( which is kind a dark gray), with light gray interior, it was lightly hail damage but fully repaired and demo from the owner with about 6000 miles. (MSRP $56.525) Would you be interested on this 2009 or only 2010?
Please let me know."

I just don't get it. Ready to go many miles out of my way to award the biz to a good dealer with a good sales ethic (you're laughing - I can HEAR you!) I cannot find one.

No comments: