Wednesday, March 12, 2014

TRASH TALK

Howdy!  That's what I used to say, and now, living again in Texas, it's common.  Perhaps my heart has always been here?

Does it seem to you like many internet sites are becoming like Times Square with way too many distracting ads?  I realize their goal is to monetize, but go to rense.com for example.  It's so trashy!
I'm losing interest in such sites.

It almost parallels radio, where there might be eight minutes of commercials in a row, and not 8 x 1 minute, either.  There could be 5s, 10s and lots of 30s along with the odd :60.  I simply can't listen to radio.  It makes me crazy.  I want to fix it.  I want to ban the inane "liners" and all the pushing to the web.  I hate to hear it in the state it's in.

And the commercials are mostly awful.  I read many and audition many more and you'd be amazed at the missing verbs, wrong tenses, missing WORDS.  When's the last time you heard a commercial that made you emote, laugh, or resonate in any way?  Or maybe even remember it.

No comments: