Thursday, February 06, 2014

DOOFUS

Yup.  It's me.  I wish I had a video to share, but I was moving too quickly to get it.  here's THE STORY:

I was shopping at the supermarket and passed their display of appliances (these stores sell much more than food.)  As I rolled my cart by, I noticed blenders.  I lost mine in the divorce - no big deal - haven't needed one until NOW as I am trying some protein rich smoothies.  And Lo!  It was an Oster (brand name) at $19.95 and there was a coupon for $10 off!!!

So I was just using my $9.99 blender, mixing some milk and yogurt and powder, trying the various control buttons... and suddenly there's a mess happening.  But the top is on tight.  Yet the mess was spreading quickly.  I killed the power and discovered that the darn container-thing comes apart at the bottom - I guess for cleaning - and the stuff was squirting out the bottom, even with the power off.

No harm.  I cleaned the puddle up and continued with my day...

...reminds me a little of the time long ago when I sucked out the fireplace ashes with the canister vacuum cleaner, not realizing some of the ashes were embers.  I turn around and the machine is blowing smoke big time as it burned through the bag or dust bunnies and whatever else was in there.  Looked like a pro fogger.

No comments: