Craig is the best Bond since Connery.
We saw QUANTUM OF SOLACE yesterday. Here's my take in appropriate bullet points:
* The opening credits song sucks.
* They will never top the opening action sequence of Casino Royale. It was two GUYS. This one is two CARS.
* The script of Quantum for Daniel Craig seems like it was about 5 pages long. More action, less talk?
* The villain is more real than most of them are.
* From the airplane on, IMHO, the film improves.
* Olga is okay, a good actor. I thought she'd be lousy - didn't like the Casino Royale 'girl' "Vesper" at all.
* The Redhead is hot... at first. (Gemma Arterton)
* Nice new geography - locales very effective.
* Judi Dench is tops.
* Giancarlo Giannini adds humanity to the story. I wish he was in more of it.
* Escapism like this will sell many many tickets.
* I want an Aston Martin.
* They say there are no gadgets, and there really aren't EXCEPT for some pretty cool computer tables.
And the title refers to what Bond sought in revenge. I see confusion in other reviews on that.