Sunday, July 10, 2005

The future is tomorrow!

Tomorrow is some kind of important day as I begin to construct my website - not this one, another more purposeful one - into the form it'll take when "up." I will use a program that translates text to HTML, but who knows what buggy things lie in wait in the cyber-shadows? When it is up I will announce it for the half dozen or so who read this self-indulgent blog. The text is ready to roll. It has been a long haul!

The next step is to try to make money with the site. That's done by selling ad space and also generating click throughs to purchases elsewhere. I am one step farther along a long road. This should be interesting. It IS the future of relationship-based-selling, and it's fun to be a part of it.

(The new site is actually up, but only with a registered domain name and one paragraph, and is now the 2,444,000th rung on the ladder of website rankings.)

Also on the future-is-now subject, tomorrow I will audition for a commercial for my local agent. The kick is - I'll do this from home, then Mp3 it to her, where it'll be put into the collection of other voice talents trying for the same thing. (I have a studio rig at home to allow this.)

Friday I auditioned for a voice-only part of an "independent film" and that was a first. I thought I had done everything in the years I've developed that part of my business, but never a 'film' - way cool.

The casting director was either enjoying my 'take' or was laughing at me at the end. Which is, I suppose, the insecurity that links me with so many of my Screen Actors Guild brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob:
Did you and Terri ever sell your house in Minnesota? We have been thinking of you during this great MN summer.
We enjoy your blog, good luck with the web sit.
Lilly Riordan