Saturday, July 23, 2005

Who AM I?

Wow. have you ever looked yourself up in GOOGLE?

Under Bob Wood I found:

...Harley Carbs and Cams that are a trade mark of Bob Wood. They yield Very High torque and horsepower numbers, not matched by any other cams at this time...

Robert L. Wood, currently business vice president, Polyurethanes, will have responsibility as business president for Polyurethanes,

Robert E. Wood Professor of Sociology and Chair Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice Rutgers University, Camden ...

Volunteer Expert:, Bob Wood. Expertise:, I can help in MAC networking and problems. No PC expierence, but can guide you to useful info on networking Macs ...

Bob Wood, Executive Vice President, Customer Care Operations, Accenture Business Services for Utilities.

Bob's Wood Specialties - Cabinets and Countertops.

Bob Wood, now retired, had a 43-year-long career as an aerospace engineer, which was later to become Boeing. Over those four decades, Bob worked on ...

Bob Wood batting, fielding and pitching major league baseball lifetime statistics for each season and his career, and a list of any post-season awards he ...

The teacher on the video is Dr. Bob Wood, a BJU faculty member specializing in "training ... The video is of Dr. Bob Wood teaching a class at BJU. ...

Bob Wood is the name of two former Canadian politicians, who were contemporaries of each other but were associated with different political parties and ...

Bob Wood has been chair since our inception in 1998. As Managing Director of a local York business, he has a valuable perspective on the participation and ...

To view or download an Adobe Acrobat pdf file of Bob Wood's current resume (only ... Bob Wood is awarded the E. Quint Carr Award for Engineering Excellence ...

48 year-old Bob Wood of North Salt Lake City, Utah has been USATF's Men's Long Distance Running ... Bob Wood (resigned), men's long distance running chair ...

Robert C. Wood, a former professor of political science at MIT, died Friday at his Boston home of stomach cancer. He was 81.

Bob Wood's career hockey statistics. ... Bob Wood. Regular Season, Playoffs. Season, Team,

Bob Wood Folk Singer. http://bobwood.co.uk/

Recognizing and commending Bob Wood; and for other purposes. WHEREAS, Mr. Bob Wood is an outstanding community leader in Gwinnett County; and ...

Bob Wood Engineering Manager - WUFT-TV. Office: 1010 Weimer Phone: (352) 392-5551 x1130 E-mail:. Home. About the College. Academic Programs. Admissions ...

I have to assume the really bad Bobs don't get high Google positioning. But HOLY MOLY! I guess I can't blame my slacker status on my name. I actually did find myself on page 7 of the Google search engine, as somebody actually has a website for radio ghosts and my name haunts a slot there in the mausoleum.

THERE'D be an interesting grave marker: Bob Wood, the one at Entry 66 on Google Search.

My folks didn't even call me BOB till I was about 16, when they decided the name they used (which I won't reveal - I am still conflicted) (no, it wasn't "asshole") was too juvenile. They switched to a stilted Bob which came out in several syllables with quotes around it, in italics (embarrassing me even more.) "Bawwww-aaah--aaaa--aaahB!"

I had a first grade teacher who called me Bobby, but since then only one of my friends calls me that. I don't mind. I like him a lot so he gets a pass.

I was Bob-O for a whole large family of a school mate, and they were a happy, rolling crowd, with hangers on and extended family members at the edges. I felt I was one of those and enjoyed their company and presence. Theirs was a family at 180 degrees from mine. I miss their contact.

One boss called me Robert. Then that morphed into Robert-Bob. Not sure why, but I liked him too. He'd stick his face into my office door and say, "Robert-Bob, I got you something!" I'd look up. He'd give me the finger. Funny.

As a voice actor in Southern California I felt I need a gimmick and had an artist do up the Hollywood sign as Bobbywood which I had as a logo.

I hate being called Mister Wood. That was my dad. I'll bet this is a common reponse of men everywhere. As a boss, I hated it as I felt more like a co-conspirator (though clearly certain others didn't see that.)

As a Disc Jockey, I found myself working at a station from 7-Midnight... after a Bob Woody. They wouldn't let me use my name. I became Christopher Sky for two years. I liked the name and the rhythm of the words. I also was flying small airplanes at the time, thus the Sky.

I nicknamed myself The Woodburger and it stuck for some. The way that came about, I was doing record hops and dances which branched out into Bar Mitzvah parties. I joked that I needed an honorary Jewish name. My ex-wife got me a plaque, and I would refer to myself as The Woodburger sometimes on the air.

I also called myself The Great Hypno when I was learning hypnosis.

I think if I had been named after my father, I would have been the 4th, but he never used the 3rd and I never met his parents as he either was thrown out or just left home for good as a teen.

His middle name was Horner.

I guess I came this close to officially being Horny.

No comments: