Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Revenge of the Blue North

I knew I KNEW I shouldn't have mentioned the cold in Minnesota. It's like antagonizing the guy holding the shotgun aimed at your face. Where does the cold air go? It goes south.

Today the pool was steaming. And, no, the heat isn't on.

FROST has struck!

And... shudder... a WINTER STORM WARNING. Hysterical weather stooges have the look of grandma at a prune store after 3 days of constipation.

It was 84 on Saturday and now this reminder of the last 12 years comes sliding through Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, and into Texas. Our border is NOT secure.

It even made us drag out the Christmas Tree. Our Christmas Tree is the yule equivalent of a stuffed dear. Lots of lights, even ones that don't work, are sewn by Malaysian factory slaves into the green plastic of the 1024 branches and tips.

I avoided death by attic Brown Recluse Spider. I avoided sticking my toe into the attic mousetraps. I missed falling down the stairs, and the impaling by aluminum tree spike as I fell.

Is that the Christmas spirit I feel? Or a dust allergy?

No comments: