Friday, February 02, 2007

MISS USA COMES CLEAN!

New York - Fallen beauty queen, Miss USA Tara Conner, said she had witnessed amazing things as a child and that may have driven her into a life of alcohol and drugs - but she still believed she could be a good role model.

Conner, 21, came close to losing her crown last month because of her wild behaviour but was given a second chance by real estate tycoon and reality TV star, Donald Trump, owner of the Miss USA contest, after she agreed to enter a rehabilitation program.

'Faced her demons'

In her first interview since emerging from a month in rehab, Conner said she had come to terms with the fact that when she was a teen, she had a romantic relationship with a neighbor boy. "The Kents were the nicest people, but Clark, their son, was just - I don't know - special somehow. The day we moved to Kentucky I felt like my heart just stopped beating!"

But she said she had faced her "demons" and came to realize that men in the world outside Smallville were not as strong or loving as her early experience showed.

"I will not deny that I have witnessed some remarkable things, but out of respect for my neighbors back then... it's something I would like to speak with my family about first," Conner told NBC television's Today show in the interview broadcast on Thursday.

"Later on, maybe I'll feel more comfortable about speaking on these topics, but right now not so much."

Addictive personality

She said what had happened in the past may have contributed to her alcoholism and addictive personality. "After Clark, nothing would satisfy me."

No comments: