Sunday, March 19, 2006

ALREADY GONE

(Eagles)

Wonder how many posts I can make with song titles?

After one movie, I am already sold (gone) on NetFlix. We took advantage of a free two weeks. If you rent DVDs, the only question I have is WHY WOULDN'T you do NetFlix?

Seriously.

No more trips to the video rental store.

No more out of stock.

No more 'forgot to remove the security lock on the DVD case!' (I broke the boxes to get in, but it wasn't easy. Damn things were like bank vaults!)

And most of all, no more returning to avoid late fees.

For years now, on every single visit to HOLLYWOOD VIDEO or the one back in Minnesota - I already forget the name... every visit, I'd hear a voice in my head chanting "this has got to be obsolete."

Now, for less than the cost of what we rented, we get 2 DVDs at a time, endlessly, with no late fees and mail both ways. And they E mail you the latest release list AND also suggest other titles based on the ones you chose.

This is so much better.

And speaking of so much better, as we wait, amazed at its longevity, for our TV to die to run out and buy a new HDTV, SONY has just jumped a hurdle in whispers about its 2006 line. FINALLY sets with full 1080P connectivity are about to be released, along with their Blu-ray DVD payer that will output that full resolution. And while the competing high definition format will down-res HD-DVD into existing HDTV sets (only providing analog outputs at much lower picture quality), Blu-Ray will offer full fidelity. I can't wait (though this is all premature - that gear isn't out yet.)


If you want to read more, go to my Home Theater blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob!
It's John Calhoun. How the heck are you? You're still listed in the AllAcess "On the Beach" section. Apparently that e-mail address is no longer valid. I got a response from Adam Abrams and he gave me your blog info. So how's the Lone Star state treating you? I'm still at WJMK (now a Jack format) and doing production for WGN. Drop me a line when you get a moment. It would be great to hear from you. John

Bob Wood said...

Hi John - I need your E mail address!

Bob

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. It's: Calhooter@comcast.net