Friday, March 24, 2006

RAMBLIN' MAN

(Allman Brothers)

The new car pool: a single person driving while on the phone.

----

I tried, I really did, to avoid the story line of the Sopranos this season since we watch on DVD and consume a full season like, well, Tony, eating pasta. So wouldn't you know I found out some of the BIG SECRET on a website that wasn't even devoted to it. I generally have a bad memory but I'll bet this sticks. Why is that?

----

Talking to our great Home Builder the other day and we started talking about digital cameras - he's VERY into it and I'm a wannabe. It was interesting to realize that Terri was suffering through the guy talk. We could have been arfing a la Tim Allen for all she heard.

----

37 degrees last night. Revenge of the Winnipegers.

----

The website optimization biz keeps getting pushed back deeper and deeper into detail - I can't wait for the day when all is actually fully implemented and ready. We'll throw open the cyber-doors and... wait. Not really - a lot of the delay has been in building the marketing plans and modules. But I tell ya, it's hard being the Most Impatient Person on the Planet.

----

Yesterday the haircutter grossed me out - telling me about 'that woman who just left' - who used ONIONS in her hair and who also had a SCALP FUNGUS at one time. I started making retch noises and insisted they assure me they sterilize their clippers. My god. Nothing is safe.

----

Then she said you wouldn't believe what restaurant people do to the food when a customer is a jerk... she had some insider knowledge. I made her stop and don't want to eat or get a haircut anymore. Fodder for The Boy Who Doesn't Trust Easily.

----

We are changing doctors. The old one has an office that looks like a vet's office to me, and had a surly receptionist, and the doc doesn't listen very well, so we are moving on. It's too easy to think they have the patent on authority when in fact the PATIENT can control things. In this case, we are making a smart move! We did the same with dentists and made a tremendous upgrade.

----

Chicken Little was eliminated from American Idol and now it's getting serious. I have no idea how America votes, so can't handicap the winner. There are a few extremely good talents in the competition, that's for sure.

And Mandissa is the best looking, uh, really large woman I've ever seen. It'll be interesting to learn if that size issue kills her in the voting. She's a GREAT singer.

----

More odd voice auditions this week - British (John Cleese type) and a Harley Davidson type, neither of which I can do well. Where are the jobs like I used to do, warm and friendly?

No comments: