Friday, March 10, 2006

ON CAMERA

My $12.95 color USB camera has arrived. Unlike many other toys, it loaded the driver quickly and caused no grief. I now SKYPE with video feed. The first person I tried it on - the same guy who got me to load Skype (always free) way back in the frontier days - freaked! He was going nuts. His Skype camera is on order.

It really does deliver that sense of being there that must be experienced to be believed. If you want one (and I get no piece of this, I assure you - here's the link.

Skype is too good to be free. I say that thinking that they might think that too. I FEAR they do, because it is addictive, especially with video. Free calls anywhere in the world (over broadband)... with video!

The AT&T people are trying to figure out how to get a piece. Wouldn't surprise me if our guvimint makes it so someday. I'll bet the lobbyists are recruiting the extra special hookers now.

No comments: