Friday, March 03, 2006

AMERICAN IDOL

Simon says the contestants need CONFIDENCE to do a great job. (I admit, I am now addicted to this run of American Idol... completely sucked in, with the very important help of TiVo so I can skip the fluff.)

And that's how I've felt ever since my last VO session (VoiceOver, i.e.: commercial). That's really what it IS - selling something with conviction. And that takes confidence. It's almost a psychic thing. It influences how words come out. Why the new confidence? Well, it was as if, after a time of dormancy, I came back at full power.

I went through a period of "silent' reflux that was eating away my vocal chords, but now it's completely healed. Something must have accompanied that in my self-image, because I feel at the top of my game again. Now we'll see if confidence somehow wins me more jobs!

I love losing myself in performance. It's cathartic.

No comments: