Monday, May 22, 2006

24 VS ALIAS

Thank god for TiVo. We say goodbye to Sydney Bristow tonight. Although the show is a pretty long stretch, we've enjoyed it, and when Mrs Afleck (Damn him!) smiles, all is right with the world. So we'll watch. I hope they end it in style. How many fs are there in Afleck anyway? If I missed one, well, f him then.

24 also does a 2 hour end of season 5. We will TiVo because the commercials really hurt the suspense. Love to skip them and get right back to the action!

There's added suspense to this end of seasoning. We will convert to digital TV soon, and this should of course be accompanied by all sorts of gremlins never before seen at chez electronica de la Wood (how's that for a mix?) We didn't want to possibly mess up the finales.

I believe digital is cheaper than analog. I also believe I will drag out some unused curses to inflict and inflect at the new set top box.

This is in anticipation of the death of our main TV, which is showing its age but hanging in there. We will immediately go for HDTV - and I just hope it can hang till fall when better sets come out. Of course, in a few years a NEW new generation of amazing sets will come out (OLED technology.) But I don't think we can wait that long.

No comments: