Thursday, May 25, 2006

TAYLOR HICKS ISN'T ONE


I'm glad Taylor won American Idol. He seems like a nice guy. And is a good showman. Seems off key when he's not belting it out but maybe it's his accent that seems odd to my ear. And to my way of thinking, the world can always use more soul.

The finale show was interesting to me, as I wondered how in the world they'd fill 2 hours. I also wonder how they fill it and time it exactly, while live. My only guess is they build in pads of which we are unaware. Like the cheesy awards.

And lo! Prince appears. For my money (and he has a bunch) he's completely in a league by himself. Tremendous talent! And savvy! This was a great venue for anyone seeking exposure!

Now I wonder how many people will be hired from that roster. I think Kelly should be something. She's cute and innocent, it seems. Her spots with Wolfgang Puck seemed completely real and I enjoyed them. I don't know what she could DO, but I enjoy her personality, and I'll bet many do. That's money in the bank in this day of celebs who are famous for being famous.

If Chris isn't leading a rock band soon, I'll be amazed. I hope it isn't a CLASSIC rock band, replacing a blown out old lead singer. He deserves better.

Elliott improved his presence throughout the show - he had the voice all along. Jazz singer?

Mandissa will sing backups for someone big. If she'd drop a ton of weight she'd go farther.

Paris: musicals. Lisa: musicals.

Ace: shopping center openings.

Kevin: college.

Kat: a big unknown. If she can ACT, then there's a career path. Cameras love her face.

Bucky, Melissa: real life.

My addiction has ended. I can reclaim 3 hours a week, though with TiVo it's more like 2 hours. All in all, I completely enjoyed this season. And am pleased Taylor won.

No comments: