Monday, May 08, 2006

TRAFFIC

Traffic is the name of the blog game. So I think I should end my experiment with how many posts I can title with song titles. Why? Because these aren't likely to be terms people search for. To generate traffic beyond the few loyal folks (and I deeply appreciate you!) who visit, I have to use better terms which might interest those who don't know my twisted mind.

I love writing and I enjoy blogging very much. But now I am doing 4 of them, and they eat blocks of time. The only payback is my fed ego as I show off. Can't get that buzz without traffic.

By the way - I am pretty sure the server was down yesterday as phone and E mail was affected and the traffic count was dismal. We have had some serious storms in the past few days which might have somehow affected the network, though you'd think they'd have back-ups.

-----

What good are contractions? In the sentence above, "you'd" is a good one. You skip "woul" but what good is the much more common "it's"? You lose an "i" but have to put in an apostrophe. I want to propose better contractions. I will put together a list. Anybody have any ideas?

No comments: