Friday, June 02, 2006

A HEAD IN THE WINDOW

We have a 300 foot driveway. I'd say at least 200 feet of it lead up to my office window, where I spend about 8 hours a day, at work on my various ventures.

We live on an acre and a half. There's no one beside our lot on either side, or behind us yet. We live at the end of the road, just before a gate leads into an enclave of another 14 homes or so... so there's not very much traffic, and we are in a gated community ourselves. With only 40 residents spread out.

Yesterday I am on a conference call, as we were engaged in training our website optimization and marketing sellers. In fact, graduating them. We use SKYPE, which is a broadband VOIP service.

Imagine my surprise when motion catches my eye by the window... and it's a head. A HEAD goes right by, outside the window 6 feet from where I sit. By the time I get a good look, it's gone. Nonetheless, a head.

But the driveway is about 15 feet from the window. Why would a head go right by and I mean RIGHT by the window? I have not lost my mind. Not about that, anyway.



No comments: