Saturday, June 03, 2006

IT'S CHEMICAL DEATH DAY FOR WEEDS

I pulled them for days and days. For ten minutes all was good.

Then they grew back. And I thought I got most of them by the roots.

I'm putting the fighting gloves back ON. Today I will spray with a chemical that kills 300 weeds and leaves lawns unaffected. Want to bet?

I'll try to keep the collateral damage down. I'll let you know what happens. It's always something!

Oh - there's some irony - these weeds look a little like Pot. They aren't, but if I could get some bad bad people to think they ARE, maybe I'd get weeded for free? Naaa.

..... Later ther same day .....

The deed is done. I only thought my sneakers were smoking as I sprayed. The Ortho stuff is MAX level. Advertising or truth?

I am tempted to run out and buy more gallons and spread it everywhere but know I should wait a while to see if the grass bursts into flames first.

..... Later .....

The weeds still look healthy. Why don't I just pour something on them that will take them out immediately, like battery acid?

..... A Day Later .....

I think maybe the weeds die of OLD AGE, that's what happens. One or two look a little like an actress with no makeup, but that's it. I may have been had. And I did drench them.

..... Another Day later .....

It ain't working.

..... another day gone by .....

Still no real change. Would a giant chemical company LIE?

No comments: