Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I SHOULD BE WORKING

I have a lot to do today. Seriously.

But I am fighting the urge to go to Starbucks and overspend on a latte which would wake me up. I'll bet it wins. I am so sleepy for some reason.

This past weekend (whiplash subject change there) we sailed with friends, and amazingly, of all the sailing vacations we've had, I only steered once, despite many offers. But Saturday evening I steered for quite a while (do they even CALL it steering? I doubt it - there must be a nautical term.) Anyway, I was good at it, enjoyed it a lot, though the 38 foot Bavarian sailboat is very stable. I 'get' why people do this.

Snap!

Okay, I can get to Starbucks and back in 20 minutes or less. I will be more productive.

Apparently sleepy doesn't reach into the center of rationalization.

No comments: