Sunday, May 13, 2007

NAME CHANGE FOR LOWES

It should be "THE $50 OR MORE STORE." I cannot go to LOWES and walk out with a minimal purchase. And here I go again. Even with a short list there's a 'thing' I should pick up - or a bargain. Or an ELECTRIC thing. "Hey, we NEED this." "Wow, that's cool, let's get it."

This time my plan is for one more bag of mulch and a couple extenders for our irrigation nozzles. Should be under $10. Maybe even under $5.

Place your bets. I will try to avoid the Weed Weasel aisle.




$43.83.

Well, the first thing was seeing what might grow in the shade, because I went in through the garden section. Found two likely candidates. Then it occurred to me to pick up some Plant Hormone because I was running out... and my nozzles, but I forgot what size so I bought both sizes (at about .40 each, no big deal)... then mulch and, yeah, I could use more compost because I must grow grass and this is the siege!

The tools called to me. I didn't answer.

The story isn't over. I bought the wrong adaptors for the nozzles. Back to the store. More stuff.

And again, I buy the wrong nozzles... I assumed they were fixed, not pop-ups. They are popups. I need 6 inch popups. But I will keep the wrong ones, 'because you never know when you'll need something like that.' Ladies, this is man thought. Learn.

I figured out along the way why so many landscapers suck. Like me, they accumulate a lot of extra gardening stuff and the wife says one day, "You should be a landscaper..." and so the guy thinks, "Yeah - I can make money with all this crap." But, like me, he has not a single clue what he's doing. Result: Bad Landscaper. We've gone through 5 of them so far.

ps: NUTSEDGE IS FROM RING 5 OF HELL. pps: YELLOW SORELWOOD IS FROM RING 6.

No comments: