Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blog Block

I've got blog-block.

I start writing things, but then I get self-conscious and think "who'd CARE about that anyway?"

I wrote a deep one about The Astronauts returning safely and The Russian Sub Guys being rescued and Peter Jennings' passing and how it seems to me that all too few events pull us all together anymore - for a pause, while we all notice whatever it is, and how we are united in that.

I mused that we are desentitized and suggested reasons. But then I hit delete.

I'd like to keep the tone of the blog lighter, too, and today's episode was going to be about going to the dentist which was VERY unpleasant and painful. But again, who'd want THAT? (Thankfully, he prescribed me 6 pain pills and I am on number one and believe I need it and surely deserve all of them!) So I am sparing you some really good creative descriptions of the Hunter S. Thompson ilk. I will mention that Nitrous Oxide in Texas is about as calming as whiffing a wino's belch. There must be some regulation - it's not nearly powerful enough!

As I and the Vicodin ramble, I want to mention that we have met several pairs of new neighbors and the record continues - this is the NICEST group of people I have ever had the good fortune to know.

We love Austin. We love our neighbors. We love this development. Our research determined Austin as the best place for us to be, but it has been so much better than we would have expected!

In closing, I want to encourage some comments - let me know you are reading this - your response will help break the blog-block!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Just a tumble weed blowing through your campground! Love your ramblings!

CP at smooth jazz 100.3

Bob Wood said...

Wow - a comment poured in. Now I have purpose in life!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob -

Great blog. The 'Smokey the Gonad' story was a riot.

Travis K.