Monday, August 22, 2005

xxx

Today I made a discovery.

Like a dousing rod, my pretzel rod dipped when it passed over the computer keyboard. I was practicing what I call Hands Free Eating at the time, my fingers dancing across the keyboard -- three letters correct, one wrong, back up fix forward back up. My keyboard work is like a waltz. One two three fix forward back two three. You get the idea. Anyway, I thought I saw a crumb fall into the gap between the keys. That made me stop to investigate.

Oh my god, there's a whole dump of food bits and who knows what else? in there!!! Performance isn't suffering, but the thing looks like the kitchen of the place where the car thief was hiding in the project on COPS last night.

I must carefully vaccuum between the keys, and not with one of those sissy eyebrow brush keyboard vacs they sell at inflated prices at Comp Wussy. No sir, I will use the Dyson for this. The one with the solar system whirl-a-gig - the one that can suck the finger holes out of a bowling ball. I must be careful.



Did you see the Hunter S. Thompson memorial? They - his friends - shot his ashes out of a cannonnade of fireworks. As a centerpiece was a 150 foot tower of his trademark. Nice.

Which reminds me, grimly, we have to redo our wills. Texas isn't Minnesota - the law is the law. The will is a won't here unless it's fixed. We are a fixin' to fix it. As a childless couple, if we both join Hunter, there will be some surprised people who will receive what I think are some nice things. If it would be you, just know we chose the nicest people we know.

1 comment:

The Awkward Dancer said...

Very funny! (about the keyboard.)

I was just thinking the other day about how badly I needed to clean MY keyboard. I think they just might be the dirtiest things on this planet...