Wednesday, November 09, 2005

All Fedexed Up - again

I have been waiting for about a week for a FedEx ground delivery from California.

The shipper sent me the tracking number and I've watched the process via online tracking. I do believe that FedEx does a generally good job and I trust their handling (so far). Yet their telephone automation system is a bitch to navigate. Clue: first chance you get, say REPRESENTATIVE to get a live person. Many of their screen forms are also confusing if you go by internet. Good luck! My wife thinks it's my fault but last time she ended up stuck too, and lost her mind when the REPRESENTATIVE couldn't figure out our problem either.

And now, for the tracking data...

First of all, it posts slowly (days late at some times) and secondly, for my package, they have it going from me to the shipper, instead of the other way around, and "document" picking it up here (they didn't) and taking it there (today).

Wouldn't that me a MAJOR MAJOR software error? Or a major shipping error if indeed it got to Texas then went back?

Such obvious goofs from such a major company. Wouldn't you think they watch for these things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob,
Fed up with FDX? Next time use UPS. You get what you pay for.;-)

Malcolm
UPS Ret.1967-1995.