Tuesday, November 29, 2005

CATALOGS

Used to be we'd get every catalog ever. And maybe 3 of each Victoria Secret catalog (which I didn't mind, but man, they must have a HIGH profit margin because we'd get a new mailing about every other day! I saw more of the models than rock stars and David Copperfield put together!)

But a change is in the wind, I fear. Maybe it was that we moved, but the UPS people sure do know we are here, and I assume the mailorder machine does too. Terri doesn't think anything of ordering then returning things (not a guy thought - we buy we endure.) Maybe that's why we enjoy such earthly catalog delights. Or USED to as now it seems every day there are more and more E shopping E mails in the inbox.

I think I remember that 28 BILLION dollars will be spent online this season (or this year, I'm not sure which!) Anyway you slice it, if I want models, I'll have to Google-Ogle. Good thing we don't still have the parrot. Those catalogs were high end cage liner!

No comments: