Thursday, November 17, 2005

A TALE OF TAIL

Yesterday was do the pool chore day. I first do the chemical tests then drag the gallon o' acid to the acid hungry pool and splash it into the water, on the coping, my pants, shoes, etc.

As I headed back to the garage around the sidewalk that rims the house, I heard a scritch coming from one of the downspouts. It caught my attention. There it was again, like something was falling through the pipe. And yet, the sky was clear, there are no overhanging trees. I spotted what appeared to be a thin branch sticking out the bottom of the spout. Then it disappeared as I heard the noise. It popped back then disappeared again. What the...? I bent down, looked closely and (since I was wearing my acid proof gloves) carefully pulled the stick from the pipe... and found myself holding the tail of a gecko. A nice specimen, too. I freed him/her/it and felt very brave.

No car insurance was discussed.

No comments: