Thursday, February 09, 2006

IPod classes

A department store in London is offering 45 minute IPod classes (as in how to operate) for $115.

Heck, me too.

What's next? Some people just can't cope with tech.

For instance:

My mother couldn't figure out the new microwave oven - she was widowed by then, and in her 80s. "There are no buttons!" she said. I explained that the buttons were on the front that they just looked like numbers and you press on the numbers. She couldn't handle that thought and back it went.

And:

I once had a call from Terri's boss in San Diego (long ago.) It was late one evening, a weekend. He was under the influence of some substance/s. He wanted my help (I had never met him) in getting his stereo to work - he knew from Terri I was into such things. I talked him through the steps... nothing worked. "Is it plugged into the wall?" I asked. Pause. Wait for it... "You're A GENIUS Bob!!!"

No comments: