Friday, February 10, 2006

JESSICA KNOWS




Jessie, our cocker spaniel, knows something is up - she hasn't quite been herself all week since the luggage and summer clothes appeared in stacks as Terri readies us for the trip to the Caribbean. I thought dogs weren't supposed to have great memories.

It's interesting to see how she's been playing us - not that we are that pliable (NOT MUCH! HA!). She's got CUTE turned up all the way and even seemed to fake a limp, pre-walk yesterday. I say "fake" because she pulled off the act before we left the house, but was fine for a long walk, and after.

We took her for a ride to the store the other evening after all this started and she was shivering in the car as if the ride was to a bad place.

Today she played with one of her toys more than I've ever seen.

Terri has found what we think is a better kennel than the one she's been to in the past, though the old one seemed to be a happy place for her. To us, it seemed dirty and smelly.

Today is the day I start to collect my trip-items and find the missing whatevers. Tomorrow we get up at 3AM and I stress till we are on the plane.

No comments: