Thursday, January 18, 2007

THE BIG MELT

Finally we were able to get out of the house and to the supermarket! Trees and Cedars are starting to perk up as their weighty ice melts. I think we did lose some shrubs though, and there's at least one Cedar branch broken. I suspect the air will fill with the sound of chain saws first clear day we get - which is not supposed to be for a while. Forecast calls for Rain.

I've not even come close to mastering my new D-SLR which is why the picture in the post below was taken from my phone. But I AM getting there - there are a few good pictures on the memory card so far. I especially like that it's easy to dial down or up the flash - most flash pictures look very unnatural to me - a blast of too much light. I got a great picture of Terri in the dark with just enough flash to make her clear. Very nice.

........................... Miscellaneous................................
BEATLES

I touted the Beatles LOVE album below. Here's what a friend said:

A BIG THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING THIS INCREDIBLE CD!!! GREAT MUSIC AND ASTOUNDING SONICS!!!!! Why can't all CDs sound like this?? Shame on the modern recording industry.

Again thanks. This will remain one of my most cherished CDs. Makes
me feel young again too!


Just remember - if you buy it - don't read the contents - just sit and listen so you can be surprised. I found myself listening with a smile.

..........................................................................
GLOBES

After watching part of the Golden Globes and all the Red Carpet crap I feel these folks are almost tragic figures. The ante to the game they play is very high. Not to mention the fall that awaits those who lose their public!

I also think Ryan Seacrest is extremely good and comfortable in his role on E (and American Idol) - he's the real deal. Great star interaction. He's quick and seems genuine.

...........................................................................
PRINCE

Can't wait to see him play at the Superbowl. I think he's in a league of his own - amazingly talented. Check the CD 3121, his latest.

............................................................................
24

Sucked me right in again. I do wish they could bring President Palmer #1 back from the dead. It hurts to see him shill Allstate Insurance during the show.

And then they let lose with the first of 5 atomic suitcase bombs. THAT.... is scary!

.............................................................................
BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA

Is back starting Sunday. It's an odd show but really well done. Gritty more than typical Sci-Fi, though it is set in space. Good acting, writing, direction. DRAMA. A long way from the Lorne Green version. Like, oh, lightyears.

No comments: