Saturday, April 05, 2008

CRABGRASS THE COCKROACH OF GRASSES

I put crabgrass pre-emergent down TWICE. Specific to crabgrass. I followed directions carefully, though I might have been a little HEAVY on the dosage. Well, now it's spring, everything's greening up (except my 3 pallets of turf) and I have a fricking crabgrass FARM in my lawn.

They say the cockroach would survive atomic assault. I believe crabgrass will too.

The other day the plumber was here doing his thing with a propane torch. I eyed it. If I hadn't just sprayed with crabgrass killer again AND another 'be careful or you get orange lawn' chemical, I think with a water hose nearby I would seriouly go after it stem by stem with 2000 degrees of removal.

I'll post pictures as soon as the yard oranges up.

THIS YEAR I WILL BEAT THE WEEDS.

No comments: