Tuesday, September 27, 2005

LOST

I'm LOST.

Totally missed the whole LOST phenom last year - so, renting the first disc and after the pilot, we are underwhelmed. Must be us - the show was a big hit. A POLAR BEAR in the tropics? I can imagine the mad scientist/government lab where they genetically alter life... ooooo! ... to be discovered much later.

I have problems with little technical details that are wrong. Example: the plane goes down, 1000 miles off course. Huh? That'd be some major error. I missed exactly how that happened... they hit turbulence and then turned back and were that far off (a jet travels at about 500mph, right? SO they flew off course for almost 2 hours? I'll give credit to the jet stream for something, but not that much!) Can somebody explain that?

Then there's the whole transmitter thing, but jets have emergency beacons that automatically transmit to SATELLITES.

Then there's this jet engine sitting on the BEACH running with enough force to suck a MAN through it, but not enough sand to notice. Hel-LO!!!????

I'm taking this too seriously, aren't I?

Well, the women have good teeth, and that's important to any plot.

I'll watch a few more but my suspension of disbelief is bottoming out.

No comments: