Friday, October 07, 2005

Another Addiction

I found a software program that counts visitors to my blogs. I've embedded it. This now tells me from where they logged on (no names, just locales. No need for paranoia!) Notice I have two blogs now (see right side of page for the other.) Now I find myself fascinated by the scope of the WWW reach, and addicted to looking it up and trying to guess if I know them or...? (WORLDWIDE web, Bob - get it?) Well, I know that's what it means, but can't imagine what posseses people FROM AROUND THE WORLD to visit my Blog? Is it the content or just serendipity?

My friend who knows about these things says I should create better headlines which will then show on search engines. He had some tennis babe on his (he had pictures from a match) and that spiked his visits.

So, the plot thinkens. Yes, that's a typo --- but an accurate one - I must think up new intriguing headlines and content to see if I can spike this thing. I only need 5mg of self indulgence a day - the rest is, uh, my gift to the world.... no, uh, trying to put a smile on an anonymous face... or... trying to reach out across cyberspace to find others who feel alone and say - you are not alone. It happens to me, too. This is pretty darn cool, you have to admit.

No comments: