Sunday, October 23, 2005

POST-OP

The large white-almost-glowing modern building looms over the prairie like the special place it is. Best to avoid places like this when you can no matter how glorious the hospital appears.

Even with insurance it's unbelievably expensive.

It's risky. Despite 'best practices' people die there.

I couldn't help notice my bathroom looked a little dirty where the molding joined the floor and wall.

If the paperwork doesn't get you...

The doc said all went well, but I feel that the amount of pain was misrepresented. Then, perhaps I have a low pain threshold. There's no non-ickky way to write this - I have a weekend guest - a catheter. (Not to be confused with a catholic.) I can't wait to be done with this and get on with healing. It's necessary but gross.

I usually take about a day's course of pain pills on day one following something like this, then skip them. This time I am gobbling them like peanuts (at precisely the prescribed interval, of course.)

If I had been able to foresee what was waiting for me, I'm not so sure I'd have gone for this.

Anyway, that's my update. Still a little groggy from the last pill. (Good thing there's spell-check!)

The dog, Jessie, made it through her procedure too; though seems to have picked up a wheeze. We will watch her carefully.

Terri's car is still in surgery and will be there a few more days while they seek parts and new ways to flush money from our wallets.

No comments: