Friday, October 07, 2005

Change of Seasons

I survived the Polka/Christmas Music/Marching band/Beautiful music cassette-to-CD project I wrote about below. The phantom tunes have just about stopped playing in my head. I feel good about helping my Brother-In-Law, who is clearly from another generation than mine. Though for a while there, Stars and Stripes Forever seemed to be a prophetic title!

This is a time of change here in Texas. I say this for two reasons:


Fall

1- I sit here in sweat pants. For the first time in 4 1/2 months I am not barefoot and in shorts and T-shirt at the computer. A nasty cold front has arrived. Damn you, Fargo. Bismark, I read with glee, got a foot of snow yesterday. Winnipeg, I forgive you. It's 56 degrees outside. Inside the temp has only dropped 4 stinky degrees but it feels like a whole other thing. Maybe because it's a damp 74. I may make a run to Starbucks where I can huddle around a Grande.

I have become acclimatized to the 90s and 100s. I already miss them.

2- Trees are starting to turn. (Though some species don't drop till spring!)

Did I really read that some yutz got a Nobel prize for comparing swimming speeds in syrup versus water? Oh - I see - it's a joke: THE CEREMONY: The Prizes are awarded at a gala ceremony in Harvard's Sanders Theatre. 1200 splendidly eccentric spectators watch the winners step forward to accept their Prizes. The Prizes are physically handed to the winners by genuinely bemused genuine Nobel Laureates.

Well, heck, I could have turned my 'research' at IHOPS into a medal then. Just didn't know where to send in my sticky data.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now we know you are a White Sox fan.

Anonymous @ 30.32N 97.77W

78738