Thursday, January 26, 2006

BURGER KING CREEPS ME OUT

Some people fear mimes. Others hate clowns.

Me, I am totally creeped out by the Burger King.

And now he's all over TV in those football commercials where they've inserted him into famous plays.

The sight of that chicken legged, leotard wearing, cape swirling, swollen headed, plastic faced, frozen grimaced THING just creeps me out. I read that they'll run more of them in the Super Bowl. I hope I'm in the bathroom.

It's bad enough that Ronald McDonald looks like something Steven King thought up. The King is just grotesque.

I can imagine the ad agency guys just in love with the computer graphic that puts the King into real action... as they miss the point that their client's mascot looks like a perv next to football players. Or a telephone pole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Bob--the Burger King creeps me out too. He seems demonic; possessed of some sort. Eerie--creepy--and the Burger King whopper commercial in the Super Bowl was bizarre and quite unsettling. Women dressed like lettuce; tomato's hamburger and buns--and all piling on one another. EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Bob,
I hope you were in the bathroom, it was grotesque.

I don't know why anyone in advertising would find the Burger King appealing, my daughter is scared of him too!