Friday, January 27, 2006

FREE RIDE: KEN DELAY or EDGAR WINTER

The story is that Kenny took about 100 free private jet trips from, oh, interested parties and 'supporters' over a few years. Amazing that they managed to get that sleaze up off the tarmac once the plane departed.

You remember FREE RIDE by the EDGAR WINTER GROUP? Great classic rock track. I got to see them live - the Edgar Winter Group in the early 70s in Pittsburgh. They were on FIRE.

I am what you might call a disgruntled voter. I know it's wrong to go overboard but I'd like to throw the whole crew out and start over. I almost mean it - any incumbent gets thrown out. Except I expect (nice wording, eh?) that there are a few good men left in congress. And women. Not that I trust Hillary. I'm pretty sure I saw her caught by the Croc Hunter on one episode. How could she be serving New Yawk while she's out slithering in Australian mud?

One article said, "...with Hillary you get two," meaning Bill. Bill would clearly love the spotlight. He'd eclipse her. She'd send him to South Africa, or better, Antarctica on a 'fact find' where there won't be press.

I have heard back stage stories of Hillary. Can't vouch for them. They make her look very insincere. Put her and The Burger King on the same stage and you get the same dose of sincerity. And I am twice as creeped out.

Speaking of holding your breath, (huh?) I met a neighbor again the other day - Terri insists I did meet her before but I was enjoying grapes which had been smashed and put into barrels and bottles and I had way too many of them that evening and don't remember much beyond a certain point. This woman has the world freedive record. And can hold her breath for a long long time - Yeah, that's her. This woman gives hope to all the widdle kids who threaten to HOLD THEIR BREATH TILL THEY GET THAT TOY!

She and her husband are building their home three houses away. Tanya can probably hold her breath till it's finished.

Wow. Another celebrity. There are several nearby already.

And today I voice a commercial for an old folks community. Does that count?

Didn't think so.

No comments: