Sunday, January 08, 2006

SOUPY SALES

SOUPY SALES is 80 today. That's another BIG pointer to the fact that anyone who knows him from his TV show is getting up there into AARP land themselves. My god. It doesn't seem possible. The guy was/is irrepressible young at heart and smart alek-y on that show. This means White Fang and Black Tooth are also 80 today.

I wish them all a very happy birthday!

Soup tried a stunt that got him into trouble... he told the kids whose parents were sleeping to go sneak some money and send it to him. Funny! Don't know if he received any, though. I think he also gave the finger to someone on camera. Kids wouldn't know what he was doing.

He later became a disc jockey in NYC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh HEY BOB!
Soupy Sales is 80. Hmph.An entire generation was raised on the sly humor of what were essentially SOCKS -- or Sock Puppets.

I of course in my Pollyanna fashion LOVED Lamb Chop - - (PETA help us if a modern child's puppet was named after veal for godsake.)

Bob Wood said...

Mary! Send me your E-ddress...
rwood24@Austin.rr.com