Tuesday, January 10, 2006

MACHINE CONQUERS MAN!

I'm the man.

This morn first thing I went to LOWES and bought their Big Honkin' Hex Driver set. I got yer metrics I got yer USAs. I swear I could hear the echoes of Tim Allen barking at me.

It was good. To celebrate my purchase I bought more things from the You Don't Really Need These Things department. It was good.

And a neighbor came over to help me carefully lift my 60 pound CD player from the throne to the floor where I skillfully located the hex things and took the lid off the box. We were good.

I located the player lenses and swabbed lifesavingly as instructed, then rebuilt the box, retracing my steps one by one.

Then plugged it in and watched it index then forget the CD immediately. No go. Failure. Shame.

Now I have to send it to California where a kind man will take it apart and bestow the magic I lack.

Nuts. Arf.

No comments: