Sunday, April 02, 2006

BOOK OF LOVE

(Monotones)



Today is Terri's birthday.

For her birthday I put together a picture book of our 20th anniversary cruise to the Grenadines on a chartered sailboat. I used a service on line and it took days and days and days to sort, design, and build the book. It was a big hit!

Today I tried to send out the book electronically to some friends... but much to my horror (and to my way of thinking, consistent with the awkward Shutterfly.com way of doing things) - they sent permissions to see all the raw pictures, not in sequence or design or with captions. And of course they have no good interface that answers a simple question like, how can I share my project AS FINISHED!!!???

You almost get the sense they lack logic.

But, as I wrote, the book was a hit and if I can get a straight answer from Shutterfly, I'll make it available.

It was extremely difficult to sneak around and get it done when I knew Terri wanted to see the pictures that I had hidden. I kept putting her off. Whew! I am not a good sneak!


No comments: