Thursday, April 13, 2006

REPTILE

(Eric Clapton)

I write these posts then try to find a song title to match. This one will be hard. I've overused Spiders and Snakes already.

Locally, it's snake season. You can see one in a post below, formerly starring in our garage. Luckily it was harmless, other than for testing my adrenal glands (they work well!)

A neighbor found another in his garage yesterday.

And on the news last night a local patron of the nearby Home Depot was BITTEN BY A RATTLE SNAKE which was in a potted plant! (Lawsuit?) Man, that's the height of frightening to me, the snake scaredy-pants. In fact, I check my pants before I put them on. When I see a snake I have to check them when I take them off!

It's like after JAWS came out. Some people were afraid to swim in clear water lakes, or even sit on toilets. You might not be old enough to remember, but I am and do.

As part of the snake season story the experts had some big bad reptiles to show off. If I see a Bull snake I will pass out. Nevertheless, life goes on and you can't simply skip outdoors. Luckily our pool is 6 feet off the ground. Our neighbor in Houston had to be careful with his skimmers, as they'd trap snakes.

I even thought maybe I should handle a snake for a while to desensitize myself.

Gardening this weekend should be interesting!

No comments: