Tuesday, April 11, 2006

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN

(The Who)

David Caruso (Miami CSI) has to be the worst most highly rated actor working. I have to admit I play a game to see how many words are in each sentence he utters. --- Usually 4. Well, he doesn't WRITE the show, but he does posture and pose and break those four words into The first (dramatic pause) the last.

Well, who's the fool? He's likely making millions on a top show and I'm... writing a blog.

But what interests me, and the real subject of this blog, is how we tire of a show that's so formulaic. It used to be hot, is now cold. I don't care if I ever see another episode. Have I changed? Or is there a threshold beyond which we are overdosed?

The setup usually has some babes in it. I like that. Then the crime scene. "H" says 4 or 5 words, and the great intro begins. LOVE THE WHO. LOVE THAT THEME. Can't turn it off or TiVo through it. It was out when I was a young dee-jay. Monitors up full, the scream by Roger Daltry just amped adrenalin through my system every time! But then we go through the case, and it just bores me - at least they keep the co-stars present. And there's the gross out scene. Maggots in the wound of the not-dead-victim last night. "Okay, cue the maggot wrangler, we are ready for the closeup!"

Lately - bored - I've even keyed in on the color palette of each show, declaring it to Terri very early on - and then you see it so obviously (like Caruso's acting). Last night was orange. Orange ties, blouses, pants, you name it. Orange.

I read that college students play a drinking game - whenever Caruso puts hands on hips you take a drink/hit. When he takes his dark glasses off for dramatic emphasis, you take two drinks/hits. Maybe that helps!

The guy looks like a camel to me. But who's the Fool?

No comments: