Friday, April 07, 2006

SPIDERS AND SNAKES (part 2)

(Jim Stafford)




It's that time of the year! This bad boy or benign boy replaced Terri's car today in the garage. I will name him Jack Abramoff. Wonder where the hat is?

Of course, now I am looking at hoses, extension cords, and rope with MUCH suspicion and I am pretty sure my adrenal gland still works just fine, thankyouverymuch!




You can't see it but the snake could flatten considerably around the head, not unlike a python. I looked through the Snakes Of Taxes website and couldn't find a close match. But that also helped elevate my alert status to double red plus neon plus fluorescent.

With the help of Malcolm Pigford, this snake has been identified. Eastern Hognose Snake: Heterodon platirhinos: A shy and harmless snake.

No comments: