Wednesday, January 07, 2009

BENJAMIN BUTTON

I don't want to go there (somewhere below) but the Time-Warner escalated customer service number I finally extracted from the locals led to a recording. I never got a call back. I don't want to even think about that mess of poor service.

But this post is about a great movie we just saw. This film is just so good, and odd, and at the same time, so touching. I am glad it was dark in the theater because my eyes kept watering (and I'm not even sure why.) F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, starring Brad Pitt.

Special effects age Brad, and maybe even because of that, you can get around his good looks to realize how good - darn good - an actor he is. And then later when you see him as he is in real life, you have to think MAN that guy is good looking.

The film should win an Academy Award for special effects. Brad should win best actor, but maybe won't since the special effects are distracting. We haven't seen DOUBT yet, but expect Phillip Seymour Hoffman to turn in another wowser performance.

Go see Benjamin Button. It's a transcendent movie.

No comments: