Saturday, January 03, 2009

VIDEO EDITING

I have a pro AUDIO editing suite. Photoshop elements and Premiere elements. That's the video editor.

My god it's a pain to hack away on this platform! I want to do frame accurate edits, think I do, but then see a choppy playback - or is that a 'preview?' Then, since the source has been transferred from video tapes when you had to carry a suitcase-sized recorder, I have to bump up brightness and contrast and even color correct. Yes, it can be done, but what a SLOW pain. I'm sure rendering will take an overnight session.

I considered upgrading Premiere but couldn't see any REAL enhancement which appealed to me. I must say, this whole video adventure makes Apple's seemingly more user friendly computers attractive.

Only a ton more edits to go. Yuk.

No comments: