Tuesday, July 03, 2007

WHO ARE YOU?

Or how did you come to find my blog? It's an amazement to me! Could you maybe drop a comment? What did you like or dislike? What would you like to see or read more of?



That's a map of recent visitors. Don't worry - it doesn't trap any personal information like what you have stashed in that box in the bedroom closet.

But I'd sure like to know how you came to find this - because I'd like to do more of whatever it is that is attractive to build a larger viewership. I almost wrote "audience" but I guess that's a throwback to my radio days.

Actually, we have our new radio format placed on a station which is having engineering difficulties, so it's not on the air just yet - but very soon! Why is this station better than others? A wider playlist. Yet every song is familiar and a hit. Less meaningless talk. More music in the morning - no adrenal laughing-at-themselves morning crew... and we think we've given the station an attitude of irreverence, which is personally gratifying. Management/ownership has been great to work with and we are looking forward to station number 2. (Actually number 3 but the one in Canada is our laboratory.)

I've been trying to acquaint political consultants with a new strategy I represent (nothing to do with radio.) I find there are two kinds of political consultant -"not in" and "voicemail." Innovation alone means nothing - you have to get it out there and I will not be denied. I think my problem is I see so many uses for this tool that I expect others will too after a brief explanation (because that's all it took for my promotional brain to grasp in its entirety.)

I'll shy away from some consultants who I think may represent some I would like to see out of DC for the rest of their lives and their children's lives.

The election process in the US is so screwed up anyway. But at this time, people are mighty upset with both parties and you can expect upsets galore in the next round!

No comments: