Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dennis Leary and TV

Dennis is simply amazing in RESCUE ME. Sadly, there are only two more shows for the season. The show is raw and he matches it - but seems so REAL in every scene. It's/he's surely worth an emmy. Kudos.

And if, like me, you never liked him as a comedian, you are missing something special if you avoid the show for that reason.

----

Brian Williams has clearly advanced NBC nightly news. I think he's got the perfect tone and demeanor. I give him a 10. And Brokaw wasn't an easy act to follow.

----

I like pageants - not so much for the pretty girls (but that ain't bad!) but I enjoy watching the production come together or fall apart. There are many factors - director, staging, remote city locations, etc. Last night I popped on Miss Teen America for about 7 minutes (all I could take). Awful hosts, stodgy staging, C- production all the way. Boooo. Truly bad.

----

Josh Blue won Last Comic Standing - as much for his likeability as for his humor... look for him to have much more presence in the near future. He's already signed with a biggie. And deserves all that comes his way!

----

America's Got Talent scares me. That people watch it scares me more.

No comments: