Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The first degree.

I remember sitting in grade school - first grade. I remember vividly. Back of the room (alphabetical seating). It was 2:35. We got out at 3:00. I didn't think I could stand it till 3:00 - the clock surely had stopped. Time had slowed WAY down. And my parents wanted me to go on to high school and even college. 16 YEARS to go, and I couldn't get through the last 25 minutes.

Well, from the entry below, you can see that here in Austin, where it seems heat is upon us like feathers on ducks, the air conditioning in this new house would be pretty nice if it worked. Yesterday was the first try. No go!

Today brought uniforms. After hours of first grade time passage, Repairman One called for Repairman Two, who seems to have figured out a fix, since the temperature actually has dropped a degree. Never would I have believed such a small change would matter.

Especially in first grade.

No comments: