Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Words you don't ever want to hear!

"IT'S NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE." "I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN."

These are words that, like, "Ooops," as you drift under the anaesthetic going into surgery, signal possible trouble.

Our new house air conditioning isn't conditioning the air very much. The technician - who genuinely seems concerned and helpful, called someone more knowledgeable (I credit him enormously for admitting that) and they suspect design problems. You don't want to hear this going into a hot Texas summer in which you need air conditioning.

I feel a song verse coming on:

Sweat is what we do
'cause we haven't got a clue
why the thing on the wall
doesn't help at all

or

Ceilings, nothing more than ceilings
where vents blow warm kisses in the air...
nah, I don't want to go there.

Okay, but I'm no Yoko Ono, though I might just go into my closet and scream for a while anyway.

If you ever have a house built, be sure you have tranquilizers first.

No comments: