Friday, May 06, 2005

How to Make The World A Better Place

This seems a great way to start a blog. I can help the world for my fellow citizen, netizen, blogee. I may or may not have many ideas to contribute, but the world got the way it is in quite a while, so give me some time. I only ask if you make money off of one of my ideas, you give me some.

At the moment, somewhere just beyond the trees that eclipse a view to the real world beyond them, some heavy machinery is building more of paradise, like it said in the development brochure. Every second or so, I hear the backup beeping of what must be many harnessed horsepower, placing architect whimsey here or there. The beeping is making me crazy. So I got to thinking - to make the world a better place, of course - why does it beep? To warn workers that they could lose that leg or whatever - I get that. But WHY BEEP? What if it was a nice voice (and since so many of the workers - all - are male - a nice FEMALE voice.) Instead of beeping, it should say YES! YES! YES! like Meg Ryan in that movie with Billy Crystal.

So there. My work for Friday is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude that was me in that movie.

Bob Wood said...

I can't believe Billy Crystal would actually read this (as a matter of fact I can't believe anyone would FIND it except those few I told about it... but, correction made. Sorry to Billy. Wonderfully talented guy, as is Hanks.